Senin, 12 Juli 2010

Angie Harmon Returns to TV with "Rizzoli & Isles"


Returning to the small screen with a new TNT show called "Rizzoli & Isles," Angie Harmon recently revealed that she almost quit acting for her family's sake.

The Texas native, who's married to former NFL star Jason Sehorn, tells the Dallas Morning News, "We just had another baby and I've got three little girls now. So my husband and I were going to move out of Los Angeles and go somewhere in the South, where I can raise some strong Southern women with morals, ethics and values."

Getting sucked into working on "Rizzoli & Isles," Miss Harmon tells of changing her mind for the time being, "I can save retirement for another day. But once we finish shooting this first season, sometime in August, we're definitely going to move, for the kids."

As for her new show, "Rizzoli & Isles" premieres tonight (July 12) at 10 ET/PT on TNT - with the series being based on the popular Tess Gerritsen crime thriller series of the same name.

Playing a homicide detective, Angie said of her preparatory work, "I did a lot of research with the Boston homicide unit. They were kind enough to let me go to crime scenes with them. I was absolutely fascinated. If I wasn't an actor, I would be a homicide detective. I'm serious! I jumped right in with both feet. I was like, 'Let me in! Let me see!' There was blood all over and I was like, 'Eew, that guy is really dead! I mean, he's really dead! Like, deader than dead!' I thought I was going to be a lot more squeamish. But no." (Celebrity Gossip)