Sabtu, 17 Juli 2010

Crystal Bowersox: Stop Hating My Ex!

Just a few hours before she took took the stage for the American Idol finale in May, Crystal Bowersox and her boyfriend broke up.

In an extensive interview with the August issue of Redbook, the singer wants to make one thing very clear: don't point any fingers at her ex, Tony.

"I want to make clear how amazing, kind, and generous a person he is, and that he truly considers my son his son and little Tony loves him," Crystal said. "He's been there since my son was about 3 months old. And in a lot of ways, he's the perfect man; he really is.

"But ultimately, we both knew it wasn't going to work out, considering the different lives we were leading. And it's better to come to that realization than to have an unhappy relationship. Mommy and Daddy need to be happy in order for baby to be happy."

Sox!

Bowersox, who fell to Lee DeWyze in the finals of the competition, touched on a number of other topics, as well. To wit:

On almost quitting Idol: I did go talk to Ryan [Seacrest] at one point because he works 24/7 and I knew he would understand. He gave me the best advice: He said the best thing I could ever do was work hard enough now so I could take care of my family. And it's true. Sometimes you have to work really hard and make sacrifices so you can provide for the people you love.

On her hospitalization: You want to forget you're diabetic for a while, and maybe you don't watch yourself as well as you should. I ended up getting sick in March, and they told me I was off the show. I wasn't going to take that. I begged, I screamed, I pleaded. I said, 'I want to meet with the head honchos. I need this so bad for my kid. I'll go home if I'm voted off, but not because of this.' That's the one time I threw a huge fit, and thankfully, they gave in.

We were big fans of Crystal throughout the show and we wish her the best of luck. (thehollywoodgossip)